
I wandered into Urban Outfitters today, not a place I go for clothes shopping but I like to look at their tables of random stuff. This photo clutch caught my eye. When you open it up, it has photo pockets inside. At the end of the 20th century, whenever I went on a long trip I collected a packet of essential photos to take with me. They were talismanic and they usually included pictures of my family, one of Levi - our cat, a boyfriend picture,a best friend picture, and a picture of whatever house we were calling home at the time. These were pictures to flip through and make care-worn on the other side of the world. Now in digital-land, pictures are imprisoned in i-Pods and phones, and you can carry so many, none of them seem special. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE LOVE LOVE my digital camera but I miss carrying a handful of real live photos. Seeing this little item reminded me that I still can!

No comments:
Post a Comment