Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Alter Ego

A word here about Tenzig. A few posts back I announced that I would use Tenzig Norgay as my boyfriend's nomme de guerre on my blog. I chose Tenzig Norgay since he was Edmund Hillary's climbing companion and the second person to ever set foot on the summit of Mount Everest. For a long time Hillary got all the glory but Tenzig definitely deserves his fair share, I hope my little tribute sends some glory his way. About his #2 status Tenzig said: "If it is a shame to be the second man on Mount Everest, then I will have to live with this shame." I say Everest is Everest. My Tenzig has to live with me dragging him around, although he has done plenty of traveling in his own right and when he goes places without me I fume with envy. By now he owes me a couple of big ones: Australia, Norway, Austria, Moscow, Venice... I will stop there before I get too worked up. As a traveling team we have well defined roles: I design elaborate walks and tours while he schemes how to get back to the hotel to relax. Somewhere in between we find a happy medium, eat good food and have a great time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay Tenzig!!!