Wednesday, May 23, 2007

BYO Blankey


So, bringing some kind of extra neck pillow is a luxury that may or may not be essential for one to survive a long flight. A regular little pillow and blanket aren't luxuries though, they're something to be taken for granted when we get on a flight right? Apparently not anymore. We've all been on planes when they don't have enough pillows to go around, and now it seems some airlines are charging extra for pillows and blankets, just like headphones, booze and even food. So, while we try to puzzle out exactly what we ARE paying for apart from jet fuel, we can whip out our own pillow and blanket and settle in for the flight while our seat mates look on with envy. Pillow and blanket sets are available at a variety of sites, pb travel products has a nice looking set that you can slide over the handle of your carry-on. I have to say I think that their website is ugly and more than a little awkward but they have some neat products at reasonable prices. Even if your airline does provide blankets, there is something to be said for BYOB (blanket that is), I have heard a nasty rumor (I have no proof of this mind you) that blankets are not always washed before they are used again on the next flight, eeeeww!

No comments: