Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Return to Sender


This is the Ever-Together Tyvek ParAvion Billfold, and I like the idea of this wallet for a lot of reasons. First, it doesn't look like a wallet, it is the exact size of an old fashioned air mail envelope and could easily be mistaken for one. Second it is made using a single sheet of Tyvek paper (it is also available in a dot matrix pattern, faux wood grain and others but I like the envelope best), folded to eliminate the need for seams and stitching. When I first saw it and picked it up I thought it felt flimsy but the Tyvek material is lightweight, tear resistant and water resistant since it is made of super long plastic fibers. It also has secret pockets, and who doesn't love secret pockets? I know I do. The innovative folded construction of the wallet allows it to expand to accommodate as many as 25 credit cards (if you have that many cards, please seek some financial help). The Tyvek material does show wear over time, but if you've ever tried to tear one of those FedEx packages you know that this material is tough, and tough is what you need when you are logging as many frequent flier miles as you can. Here is what the wallet looks like after some serious use:

1 comment:

Adeline said...

I thought this was an envelope at first, but now that I know it's a wallet I think it's really cool and I want one...